Monday, April 21, 2008

Spring?

I am having a hard time feeling like spring is finally here. Our irrigation water has been turned on for a few weeks now, but the weather cannot seem to make up its mind... does it like 80 degrees better or 40 degrees? Today, it hailed for about an hour at the end of april!? Sooo bizarre.

Also, something that has been on my mind today. Why does the weatherman/weatherwoman always say partly cloudly? Why not partly sunny? In my book that sounds alot more encouraging, almost like looking at the glass half full instead of half empty. But, then again I suppose there are people out there that enjoy a good partly cloudy day. I am little more likely to enjoy one in the middle of summer when it brings a little hot sun relief. :) I took this picture to prove to myself that even if the weather isnt quite aware of it yet... spring is officially here. My tulips are blooming, even if they may feel like they are in the twilight zone. :)




I suppose the one good thing that has come from such unpredictable weather, is that it has allowed me to finally finish up a few sketches I started while in Oklahoma. The first being "Home Is Where Our Story Begins," I just listed it last night in the shop.

The other is almost finished, and was inspired by the current blooming magnolia trees. The third is an illustration inspired by this months Domino magazine... Sweet and Sour is the first in a series I hope to eventually add to. I ended up listing this one as well, but I promise more will follow. :)
Also, I *finally* updated my link list (located in the right hand sidebar) with my frequented stops online. Be sure and check them out, wonderful people, many with GREAT design tips. :)
In other EXCITING news: I have now sold over 100 items in my etsy shop! When I opened in January, I had not dreamed of reaching this goal quite so soon. To say the least I am thrilled! And to celebrate I will be holding a giveaway of my own tomorrow. You will only need to leave a comment to be eligible to win. My husband will randomly draw two lucky winners to win a free 8x10 print from my shop, any print of their choice. :) So... stay tuned! I will be posting the details sometime tomorrow, and the giveaway will run for 3 days... giving a few more ppl the oppurtunity to win.
jess

3 comments:

JanelleGrace said...

I've been seeing your stuff all over the blogs I watch on reader! Congratulations!

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Hi!
I just recently found your work and your blog. I love your style!
I'm an artist Mom too.
I would love to win a print!
Thanks for offering the giveaway.
:)

Anonymous said...

it's a really creative art. we love to see more picture from you again. so nice and get inspiration...
bike bali