Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall favorites


I normally dread winter, and am a spring/summer person ALL the way. This year, though I am really enjoying fall, and even looking forward (just a little) to winter. :) Its no wonder, with each new fall season I have had an extra little blessing in my life! Getting married to the man of my dreams and moving into our first home together, a year later the birth of our little girl, 2 years after that the purchase/move to our current home, and this fall the sale of our first home together.


Fall is so gorgeous in our new neighborhood. Our streets are lined with the most beautiful, biggest trees imaginable! Trin and I made halloween sugar cookies a few days ago. This is the first year she has really been able to get excited about the holidays. She really enjoys recognizing a pumpkin when she sees one! :)






I also found these super cute window clings at target. I think I paid 2.50 for them. I have really great memories of my mother using halloween window decorations. There was a witch, pumpkin, and a ghost. They had that black fuzzy stuff mixed in with color. I would love to find a modern day variation of these decorations! But, until then these window clings will have to suffice. Trin does seem to enjoy them anyhow!

4 comments:

Jenna Lou said...

What lovely pictures :D I'm a fall person. The cool days are perfect for baking and just make me want to snuggle up with loved ones.

I was wondering if you would share any tips when looking for a good camera? I'm ready to move on from my little sony to a "real" big black camera. I really love your pictures.. they are so crisp.... but maybe that's just pure talent.

Mandy @ Belle and Boo said...

I can actually see a white picket fence through your Halloween window, that's so romantic for a Londener like me!
Mandy

JanelleGrace said...

I'm feeling the same way - I loved spring and summer in Washington, but now in New York, I am loving fall so much more.

jessica said...

Thanks for the comments ladies! :)

Jenna- I will convo you a few tips I picked up! :)