Monday, August 6, 2007

A new one on the works...


I have been so inspired lately to work with peacock feathers. I have absolutely no idea where the craving came from, but its no wonder why. Peacock feathers are gorgeous... well this is where my inspiration and craving led me. The curliness just seemed right, but hardly peacock-ish. Which actually turns out better for me... because I am really anxious to incorporate a few other peacock elements into a new illustration. I may try to incorporate words into the tail somehow. But, before i start on another illustration I need to finish up "Freedom" and this one. :)

I had an inquiry to include "Freedom" in a non-profit youth diary featuring art from various artists. I was flattered, and will probably accept. I will an update on that later!

Speaking of words... I think people are missing the word "love" in the bark. I cant decide if I should try to make it a little more prominent? Or if it is better to have it be somewhat hidden...

We went to the Washington coast for the weekend, had a great time. Although it was overcast the WHOLE time! I took over 200 pictures, and I am too lazy to wait for them to download to my computer. I will try and get some pictures up tomorrow. :)

Hope you had a great weekend! It was hard leaving this print unfinished, I am just itching to finish it, so you know what I am off to do. :)

No comments: